2021 In-Training For Fall Marathons
The fall marathon tradition continues in 2021! While some are training for a personal record in Chicago or Boston, others to finish their first marathon in New York, and some to stay in shape for the spring season, Atlanta Track Club's In-Training for Fall Marathons program is designed to meet your needs while training at home or in-person. The 14-week program combines structured long runs with additional midweek workouts to help you reach your goals with the support of a community or without having to leave your neighborhood. You pick the marathon and we help you prepare!
In 2021, the In-Training for Fall Marathons program will feature:
- In-person and virtual options
- Certified coaches to guide you while keeping you accountable
- Digital learning opportunities on Tuesday evenings at 8:00 p.m. led by Atlanta's running and walking experts
- Small group workouts throughout the city during the week and larger long runs on Saturdays
- Additional customized training levels to meet your fitness, experience, and goals
- Individualized workouts to prepare you for the marathon of your choice
- Daily text/email reminders of workouts powered by Final Surge
- Online platforms to build community and camaraderie
- Double-wall stainless steel water bottle courtesy Mizuno for new, in-person participants; returning participants get a sticker to add to your bottle to show your veteran status!
While there are no specific event course limit paces for this training program, we recommend that training participants be able to maintain 14 min/mile for at 10-13 miles at the start of training. This program is not intended for beginners.
Note: This training program does not include entry into the marathon for which you are training. There are no in-person training sessions during the month of July. All in-person training begins in August.
- $105.00 (Virtual)
- $135.00 (In-Person)
Orientation, Boston/Chicago - online at 7:00 p.m.
Training begins, Boston/Chicago Marathons
Orientation, New York City - online at 7:00 p.m.
Training begins, New York City Marathon
Regional, in-person, midweek workouts begin
In-person, Saturday, long runs begin
- Saturday Workout Locations: In-person participants should arrive 15 minutes early to warm up and stretch.
- Atlanta Track Club Headquarters, 201 Armour Drive - 7:30 a.m.
- Saturday locations may rotate throughout the city to provide a variety of settings for long runs
- Wednesday Workout Locations: In-person participants select one location during registration. Participants should arrive 15 minutes early to warm up and stretch. These locations are subject to change based on participation.
- TBD - Decatur, East Lake Marta Station (West Howard side), 2260 College Ave, Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m.
- TBD - Fowler Park, Cumming, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m.
- TBD - Peachtree Middle School, Track, Dunwoody, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m.
- Piedmont Park with Coach Amy, Active Oval, Wednesdays - 5:45 p.m.
- TBD - Piedmont Park, Active Oval, Thursdays - 6:00 a.m.
- TBD - Riverside Park, Roswell, Wednesdays - 6:30 a.m.
- TBD - Silver Comet Trail, Nickajack Elementary Trailhead, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m.
- TBD - Swift Cantrell Park, Flag Poles, Kennesaw, Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m.
$105.00, virtual option
$135.00, in-person option
- Refund Policy: Training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable.
- *Refunds are for medical reasons only and must be submitted with a physician's letter prior to the close of registration. A $25.00 processing fee will be retained.
- This training program does not include entry into the marathon for which you are training.
We will kickoff the program with a 60 minute online orientation in which Coach Amy will discuss the program's routines and expectations, explain Final Surge and its benefits, and answer your training questions.
Sunday, June 27 and Sunday August 1 at 7:00 p.m. on Zoom.
Amy Begley, Atlanta Track Club, Lead Coach - In-Training Programs, Lead Coach - Olympic Development Team, 2008 Olympian - 10,000m
Eric Heintz, Atlanta Track Club, Director - High Performance
Eden Meyer, Atlanta Track Club, Olympic Development Team Athlete, Assistant Coach - In-Training Programs
Become a Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on events and programs. Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!