Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
2015 All-Metro Track and Field Team
The 2015 All-Metro Track and Field Team has been selected based on criteria including major meet wins, performance at the state meet and a complete season overview.
Meet the 2015 All-Metro Track & Field Athletes - athlete bios
Voting is now closed
Coaches and the community vote online for the Most Outstanding Track Athletes and Most Outstanding Field Athletes. One boy and one girl will be named for each category for a total of four awards, and recipients of these awards receive a $1,500 scholarship. Voting is open online May 19 through May 24.
Additionally, Atlanta Track Club will accept nominations for the Coach’s Dedication Award. Students, parents and the coaches themselves can nominate those who demonstrate outstanding dedication to the development of the sport’s student athletes. Nominations must be submitted by May 24.
Coach's Dedication Nominations- see below
All-Metro Track and Field Banquet - June 3, 2015
Each of the 44 All-Metro Track and Field Team athletes will be recognized for their extraordinary seasons at the All-Metro Banquet and four individual $1,500 college scholarships will be awarded for Outstanding Male/Female State Track/Field Athletes.
Also honored that evening will be the All-Metro Women’s and Men’s coaches whose teams won State Championship titles, and Outstanding Dedication Award for the Male/Female Track and Field Coach.
This year’s banquet will feature an inspiring keynote speaker, Olympic hurdler, Terrence Trammell. Terrence was raised in Decatur and attended Southwest Dekalb High School. Trammell will speak to the young athletes about his experiences running in high school, college and at the Olympics.
- Location: College Football Hall of Fame, 250 Marietta St., N.W, Atlanta, GA 30313
- Time: Doors Open 6 p.m. - Awards Banquet 7 p.m.
- Registration: Click here to register
Please note: All-Metro honorees (athletes and coaches) will recieve a set number of tickets. Due to the new venue, seating is limited. All guests must preregister to attend. There will be no walk-up registration at the event. Please make sure all members of your party are preregistered.
Coach's Dedication Award
- The Judo Brown Dedication Award honors a boys coach who has demonstrated outstanding dedication to the sport of track and field in the state of Georgia. The winner of this award will have a long history of involvement and dedication to the sport, community, and its athletes. Self-nominations will be accepted. Please submit the following application to [email protected]. Deadline for nominations is May 24.
- The Hawthorne Wesley Dedication Award honors a girls coach who has demonstrated outstanding dedication to the sport of track and field in the state of Georgia. The winner of this award will have a long history of involvement and dedication to the sport, community, and its athletes. Self-nominations will be accepted. Please submit the following application to [email protected]. Deadline for nominations is May 24.
Each spring, Atlanta Track Club Foundation grants college scholarships to a female and male Metro Atlanta High School Senior who excelled in running during their high school career. Nominations can only be made by high school coaches. The nomination process for 2015 is now closed.
- 2015 Patty Foell Scholarship -The Atlanta Track Club Foundation will be granting a $2,500 college scholarship to a Female Metro Atlanta High School Senior graduating in 2015. The scholarship is in memory of Patty Foell.
- 2015 Hawthorne Wesley Scholarship -Started in honor of the Atlanta Track Club’s 50th Anniversary, we will be granting a $2,500 college scholarship to a Male Metro Atlanta High School Senior graduating in 2015. The scholarship is named in honor of founding member Hawthorne Wesley, and his dedication to high school running.