2021 FALL MIDWEEK MILE & DASH
2021 Fall Midweek Mile & Dash
We are culminating Atlanta Track Club's Youth Month (August) and kicking off our fall youth events season with our first Midweek Mile & Dash of fall! Come check us out and learn more about Atlanta Track Club's youth offerings. We will have informational booths for Kilometer Kids, Youth Team, Youth Events, Volunteer Opportunities, and Membership.
The Midweek Mile & Dash is a FREE youth event is designed for kids ages 14 and under. Children ages 6 to 14 may run the timed mile, and children 6 and under can run the dash, which is approximately 50 meters. We are offering both an in-person and a virtual registration option. Our in-person event will be race by appointment, thereby providing participants with a socially distant and safe experience moving through the event area. Atlanta Track Club will provide detailed instructions on how to navigate the in-person Midweek Mile & Dash before event day. Choose your time slots in registration then stay tuned!
Participants also have the option to participate VIRTUALLY! The free mile & dash are a fun way to get kids active and fit. Registration for the virtual event includes a printable bib and finisher's certificate. Complete the mile or dash (we suggest 50 meters, or 164 ft.) anytime between Tuesday, August 24 at 5:00 a.m. and Friday August at 27 11:59 p.m. Results must be submitted by Saturday, August 28 at 12:00 p.m. to appear in the official results.
Atlanta Track Club events are held rain or shine. However, the threat of lightning or other severe weather in the vicinity of the event may result in a delay or cancellation. For full details on our event policies, including weather, refunds and cancellations, click here.
Date & Time
- August 24, 5:00 p.m.
- Grant Park, 537 Park Dr. SE, Atlanta, GA
- Mile (ages 6 - 14)
- 50 Meter Dash (ages 6 & under)
- Virtual Mile (ages 6 - 14)
- Virtual 50 Meter Dash (ages 6 & under)
- Free and open to the public
Registration Cut-Off Date
- August 23 at 11:59 p.m.
Timing & Results
The timing device for this event is the Chronotrack single use B-tag. In order to receive an accurate time, please confirm your child's bib is...
- Clearly visible on the front of the torso
- Unaltered and unmodified (Do not fold or wrinkle)
- Pinned in all four corners
- Not covered (jackets, fuel belts, etc.)
- If you do not wish to have your child timed, you may peel off the timing device or simply bend it several times.
Atlanta Track Club is a member organization of both the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) & USA Track & Field (USATF) and adheres to the guidelines and rules of competition in the events Atlanta Track Club conducts & provides.
Race Day Registration
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, there is no race day registration offered. The online registration deadline is Monday, August 23 at 11:59 p.m.
Mile participants will run through the undulating forest and fields of Grant Park, and Dash participants will have their fun in the grass. Course monitors will be located throughout the mile course.
Based on the guidelines released by the CDC on May 13, 2021, Atlanta Track Club has adopted specific policies to ensure the safety of all participants, volunteers, and staff. Atlanta Track Club reserves the right to ask anyone in attendance to leave the venue should they not comply.
- Attendees who have received the COVID-19 vaccination will not be required to wear a mask.
- Attendees who are not vaccinated are requested to wear a mask while not running or walking.
- All participants to bring their own hydration on the course.
- Attendees are requested to maintain social distancing throughout the duration of the event.
Become a Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on all Atlanta Track Club events? Join today to begin receiving discounts and be a part of Running City USA.