The Atlanta Track Club is currently looking to fill its Controller position, and below is the job description for the position. Qualified candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to [email protected] /* */ by Friday, November 18, 2011.
Atlanta Track Club Controller Job Description
The Atlanta Track Club is a non-profit organization established to inspire and engage the community to achieve health and fitness through running. With more then 14,000 members, the ATC is the second largest running organization in the United States. In addition to the AJC Peachtree Road Race – the largest running event in the US – the Atlanta Marathon and Marathon Relay, and the Atlanta Half Marathon and Thanksgiving Day 5k, the Atlanta Track Club directs more than 25 running events per year.
- Play a strong leadership role in bringing best practices across financial processes, reporting, controls and systems and contribute to sustained growth of organization.
- Oversee all accounting records and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain and monitor a comprehensive set of internal controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the organization's reported financial results.
- Analyze financial data and provide insights into financial performance in an accurate and timely manner to senior management and the Board.
- Conduct and supervise all facets of accounting and financial reporting, financial processes and internal controls, financial systems implementations, payroll, cash management and banking relationships, and support the annual audit performed by the company's independent accounting firm.
- Assist leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results including identifying and explaining variances as appropriate.
- Manage and track performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
- Leverage strengths of the current finance team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs as needed in order to maximize individual and organizational goals.
- Will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Treasurer and the Finance Committee and Governance Committee of the Board of Directors.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance: CPA required.
- Minimum of 7 years accounting and finance experience, preferably a combination of Big 4 CPA and private industry or nonprofit experience.
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing financial reporting, budget development, and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments.
- Technology savvy with working knowledge of accounting and reporting software, experience selecting and overseeing software and hardware installations and managing relationships with vendors.
- Track record driving and managing continuous improvement in financial reporting, cross-functional processes and systems in a rapidly growing business.
- Exceptional analytic and problem solving skills, organization and project management skills; strong sense of urgency and commitment to high standards of excellence required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required including the ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels and the presentation skills needed to communicate with senior management, the Board of Directors, and other outside parties.
- Effective at partnering with the operational side of the business and at exploring how the finance function can support program operations.
- Knowledge of Peachtree Accounting a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to running and physical fitness preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Equal Opportunity Employer. Willingness to work a flexible schedule is required.
Qualified candidates please email or send a resume and cover letter by November 18, 2011 to:
Atlanta Track Club
3097 E. Shadowlawn Avenue
Atlanta GA 30305