Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Join us for The Furniture Bank of Metro Atlanta's 6th annual Race for Rest 5K in partnership with Monday Night Brewing! Yes, there will be beer!The Furniture Bank, a 501(c)3, was founded in 1988 in response to the lack of furniture for families moving out of homeless shelters. Today, the Furniture Bank recycles gently-used furniture by collecting it from the community and giving it to individuals and families moving out of homelessness and fleeing domestic violence, as well as countless others struggling to make ends meet. Furniture is essential to a person's physical and emotional well-being. The Furniture bank provides beds for sleeping, tables for sharing meals, and couches for relaxing.
We turn houses into homes.
WHY SHOULD YOU RUN IN THE RACE FOR REST 5K?
1. If you register by October 19, you are guaranteed a super cool free t-shirt.
2. Every race participant (21 and over, of course) will receive a FREE beer, mini bloody mary from ASW Distillery, and coffee from Batdorf & Bronson Coffee Roasters!
3. Our 5k is a chipped Peachtree qualifier that runs along the beltline.
4. We'll have live music from Sweet Auburn String Band at the official 5k after-party inside the Garage.
5. Because everyone deserves a place to lay their head.
WHERE IS THIS HAPPENING?
The race begins and ends at Monday Night Brewing's Garage location! Parking is free and the location is Marta accessible (yeah, public transportation!)
WHEN SHOULD YOU BE THERE?
The race starts at 9am on October 26. Check in starts at 7:30am. Come ready to run (or walk) and support Atlanta families in need! All funds raised will support Furniture Bank programs. On-site registration will be available on race day!
We have two options for early packet pickup:
1. You can pick up your packet and register on-site Thursday, October 24th 11am-7pm at Big Peach Running Co. - Midtown
2. Or Friday, October 25th 8am-4pm at the Furniture Bank
WHAT ELSE IS HAPPENING? WE'RE GLAD YOU ASKED!
After the 5k, we'll hand out medals at 10am. Medals will be awarded to Top 3 Overall Male & Female, Top 3 Masters Overall Male & Female, and Male & Female Age Groups, 14 & Under 15-20, 21-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+. Even if you are 90 years old, you can win a medal, too!
Stick around for our official after-party inside of Monday Night Garage! Music from Sweet Auburn String Band will start at 10:30am. Grab your free beer and buy more to hang out for the day. Invite your non-runner friends to join you!
Don't worry parents, kids of all ages are welcome! Furry kids, too!
August 1st - $31
October 1st - $36
Race Day - $41
Date & Time
October 26, 9:00 am
933 Lee St SW