Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to for fresh articles!
This program is designed for novice and intermediate runners and walkers. If this is your first AJC Peachtree Road Race or you are aiming for a top 1,000 finisher mug, there will be all levels of participants and the training is designed to be adapted to meet your needs. Training in a group is a great way to stay motivated and get encouragement along the way. The weekly training sessions take place on Saturday morning at one of seven Big Peach Running Co. locations throughout the metro Atlanta area with additional mid-week workouts. Training programs are geared toward adult participants 18 and older. However, participants as young as 16 may participate as long as they are accompanied by a parent and the parent has signed a release acknowledging the risks involved. Both the parent and child would need to be registered for the program.
Note: This training program does not include guaranteed entry into the AJC Peachtree Road Race.
Registration for In-Training for Peachtree will be available within the AJC Peachtree Road Race registration. Registration for training will stay open after the lottery until the end of April. You can decide to register for training after race registration closes.
Click to Register
Specific 2018 Dates
- Registration Opens: during AJC Peachtree Road Race registration.
- Member registration - March 1- 14
- Lottery registration – March 15-22
- Registration for training Closes - April 30
Kickoff Events - Each kickoff will offer an hour long session in which Coach Amy will discuss the program, teach participants how to best utilize their training log, and answer your training questions. Program registration will also be available. Kick-Off events will be the week of April 7-13, specific information will be available when registration opens.
- Saturday Group Training Schedule: 7:30 a.m.
- 12 Saturdays, April 21 - June 30
- No Training Memorial Day weekend (5/26/18)
- 12 Saturdays, April 21 - June 30
- Midweek Workout Schedule: 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays, April 18 – June 27
- Big Peach Running Co. Alpharetta- 5530 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30004
- Big Peach Running Co Brookhaven – 705 Town Blvd, Ste. 340, Atlanta, GA 30319
- Big Peach Running Co. Decatur - 114 E Trinity Pl, Decatur, GA 30030
- Big Peach Running Co. Kennesaw- 1625 Ridenour Boulevard, Kennesaw, GA 30152
- Big Peach Running Co Marietta – 1062 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta, GA 30068
- Big Peach Running Co Midtown- 800 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
- Big Peach Running Co. Suwanee- 320 Town Center Ave., Suwanee, GA 30024
Wednesday Workout Locations
- Piedmont Park, Active Oval
- North Gwinnett HS
- Riverside Park
Training at Home
Interested in training for the AJC Peachtree Road Race and unable to attend weekly meet-ups? Choose "Training at Home" during registration to have your training log and shirt mailed to you and train with our coaches via social media and email!
- $65.00 - Training only
- $140.00 – Mizuno Upgrade Package
- Includes Training and Mizuno running shoes valued at $120.00 or less. Shoes above this price point the participant would be responsible for the price difference. Shoes must be redeemed during the month of April.
- The Mizuno Upgrade discount does not apply to the Peachtree Wave Rider. Pre-orders and sales for the Peachtree Rider can only be made at participating stores.
- $75 Upgrade: If you already registered for training, you can still purchase the Mizuno Upgrade anytime during the month of April. Redeem your shoes at any of the Big Peach Running Co. stores by bringing in your e-receipt.
- Refund Policy: Training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable (*?Refunds considered for medical reasons only, must be submitted with a physician's letter prior to 4/30/18. $25 processing fee will be retained.)
- Event Registration
- This training program does not include guaranteed entry into the 2018 AJC Peachtree Road Race.
- 12- week training program with weekly pace group runs and training sessions
- Mid-week workouts (hill and interval training)
- Training log with directions to customize your workout to meet your goals
- Weekly Training Email with training tip video content
- Entry into Facebook Group
- Short Sleeve Mizuno Performance shirt
- Discount on Road ID items