Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Atlanta Track Club offers a competitive youth cross country team in the fall and a competitive youth track team in the spring. The fall cross country team introduces youth to the basics of cross country through a fun-filled program aimed at developing athleticism, team building, and leadership skills. The youth track team is an opportunity to introduce kids 11-14 to competitive track and field.
Thanks to a grant from Laureus USA, Atlanta Track Club is able to expand the youth track team this season and partner with the Police Athletic League (PAL). The youth team will now have coaches to support distance, sprint, and field events and children in Atlanta's westside community will have greater access to the sport of track & field.
*Note: Team members must have valid USATF membership with association listed as Georgia and team listed as “Atlanta Track Club” to compete during the summer track season in USATF meets. Membership is the responsibility of the team member. CLICK HERE FOR USATF MEMBERSHIP
Date & Time
Practice begins March 5
Piedmont Park, Anderson Park
- March 5 Practices start
- March 23 Parks and Rec meet
- March 30 Parks and Rec meet
- April 13 Parks & Rec City Champs
- April 19-20 Georgia State Middle School Meet
- May 7 All-Comers Track Meet #2
- May 14 All-Comers Track Meet #3
- May 21 All-Comers Track Meet #4
- May 28 All-Comers Track Meet #5
- June 2-3 USATF Junior Area
- June 4 All-Comers Track Meet #6
- June 11 All-Comers Track Meet #7
- June 21-22 USATF Junior Association
- July 5-8 USATF Region
- July 23-29 USATF Junior Olympics
Track Practice Dates/Times
Practices begin Tuesday, March 5
- Tuesdays - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursdays - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday meets or long runs for middle & long distance runners - TBD
- Spring Season is March 5 - May 21
- Summer Season is May 21 - July 29
- Anderson Park - 120 Anderson Ave NW, Atlanta, GA 30314 (Spring)
- Cheney Stadium - 741 Connally St SE, Atlanta, GA 30315 (Summer)
- Patrick Peterson - Atlanta Track Club Elite
- O'Neill Wright - Atlanta Track Club Coach
- Rashard Sanders - Police Athletic League
Age Groups for 2018
- Boys & Girls ages 11-14
- Team Singlet
- Training plan via Final Surge (an online program)
- Weekly workouts
- Team coordination
Become a Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on all events (except AJC Peachtree Road Race). Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!