Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Congratulations to all the participants in the USATF Master 5 km Championships. Check out results here.
Join the Atlanta Police Foundation for the 2018 Atlanta’s Finest 5K organized by Atlanta Track Club. Proceeds from the event benefit Crime Stoppers Atlanta, a program of the Atlanta Police Foundation that provides cash incentives for anonymous information that helps law enforcement solve crimes. Runners and walkers are not only welcome at the 5K, but the event also includes a One Mile, ages 6 and older, as well as 50m Dash for kids 6 and under. Participants can also check out squad cars, motorcycles and the Mobile Command Unit.
The 2018 Atlanta's Finest 5K also serves as the USATF Masters 5 km Championships. Those interested can find more information below.
Atlanta Track Club events are held rain or shine. However, the threat of lightning or other severe weather in the vicinity of the event may result in a delay or cancellation. For full details on our event policies, including weather, refunds and cancellations, click here.
Date & Time
August 18, 7:30 a.m.
Pemberton Place, 126 Ivan Allen Jr Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30308
- 5K (8 & older)
- One Mile (6 -14 & 15 & older)
- 50m Dash (6 & under)
- Short-sleeve Mizuno shirt (5K only)
Event Day Schedule
- 6:00 a.m. Race number pick-up opens
- 7:00 a.m. Deadline to register, be timed & in results
- 7:15 a.m. Wheeled division start
- 7:25 a.m. USATF Masters 5 km Championship start
- 7:30 a.m. Atlanta's Finest 5K begins
- 7:45 a.m. Start line closes
- 8:15 a.m. One Mile begins
- 8:30 a.m. 50m Dash begins
- 9:00 a.m. Course closes
- Cost: cash or credit card only (unless event sells out)
- 5K - $40
- One Mile - FREE (ages 6-14), $10 (ages 15 & older)
- 50m Dash - FREE
- Deadline to register and be timed: 7:00 a.m.
T-shirt sizing and availability canot be guaranteed for those registering on race day.
Timing & Results
Unofficial results available online the afternoon of the event. Results are made official approximately two weeks after the event, after all inquires have been processed.
Your timing device for this event is the Chronotrack single use B-tag. In order to receive an accurate time, please confirm your bib is...
- Clearly visible on the front of the torso
- Unaltered and unmodified (Do not fold or wrinkle)
- Pinned in all four corners
- Not covered (jackets, fuel belts, etc.)
Atlanta Track Club is a member organization of both the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) & USA Track & Field (USATF) and adheres to the guidelines and rules of competition in the events Atlanta Track Club conducts & provides.
The 2018 Atlanta's Finest 5K serves as the USATF Masters 5 km Championships. A prize purse of $10,000 will be awarded to eligible runners ages 40 and over. To be included in the USATF Masters 5 km Championship portion of Atlanta's Finest 5K, athletes must register and declare eligibility through USATF.org.
Hyatt Regency Atlanta
265 Peachtree St., NE, Atlanta, GA 30303
Walking distance to start/finish of the race
$119 per night
Friday, August 17, 2018
- 12:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.: Number pick-up - Hyatt Regency Atlanta, Baker Room*
- 7:30 p.m.: Technical Meeting - Hyatt Regency Atlanta, Dunwoody Room
* Team declarations (changes/additions) must be submitted before 7:30 p.m. at number pick-up
*USATF Masters 5 km Championship participants only (number pick-up for Atlanta's Finest 5K will be on race morning)
Saturday, August 18, 2018
- 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m. - Number pick-up - Pemberton Place - Hub Patio
- 6:30 a.m. - 7:15 a.m. - Team uniform check-in - Pemberton Place - Hub Patio
- 7:25 a.m. - USATF Masters 5 km Championship race start
- Post-race until approx. 9:30 a.m. - Post race celebration on the Hub Patio
- 8:00 a.m. - Results posted
- 10:00 a.m. - Awards ceremony - Hyatt Regency Atlanta, Regency V Room
The designated staging area for USATF Masters Championship athletes and officials at Pemberton Place will be at the World of Coca-Cola Hub Patio. Look for the USATF Masters banner.
Airport: Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
USATF Championship Medals are awarded to the following:
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd place individual male
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd place individual female
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd place age-graded male
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd place age-graded female
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd place in each five-year age bracket male
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd place in each five-year age bracket female
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd place for each 10-year age bracket male team*
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd place for each 10-year age bracket female team*
*Teams are also awarded plaques.
Elite Performance Medals are awarded to runners who achieve the following age-graded performance:
- 90% and above - Gold Medal
- 85% - 89.9% - Silver Medal
- 80% - 84.9% - Bronze Medal
Course time limit:
- 1 hour and 15 minutes (25 minute per mile pace)
For the safety and enjoyment of all participants, no pets, or wheeled conveyances* of any kind, including baby joggers/strollers, roller/inline skates, and bicycles, are permitted on the course. Headphones are strongly discouraged.
*Please see Event & Program Policies for further details on our Wheeled Conveyances policy at this event
126 Ivan Allen Jr Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30308
Race Number Pick-Up
Atlanta's Finest 5K number pick-up will held race morning beginning at 6:00 a.m. T-shirts will be distributed after you cross the finish line.
*USATF Masters 5K Championship number pick-up will be held on Friday, August 17 at the host hotel. See details above.
Athletes With Disabilities
In order to serve all our athletes, Atlanta Track Club offers opportunities for Athletes With Disabilities (AWD). If you are an AWD and interested in participating in Atlanta's Finest 5K, please email [email protected], to discuss what reasonable accommodations can be made based on your specific needs. Atlanta Track Club officials will provide reasonable accommodation to Athletes With Disabilities on an individualized and event by event basis.
Participants wishing to run with jog strollers may join the wheeled division. For the safety of all participants, this opportunity is limited to participants who can run 9:00 minutes/mile or faster for a 5K. If you would like to push a stroller but anticipate running or walking at a pace slower than 9:00 you are invited to join non-competitive stroller divisions at future Atlanta Track Club events.
Parking is available in the World of Coca-Cola parking garage for a fee of $7 per vehicle per day. The entrance is located at the stoplight on Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd. between Centennial Olympic Park Drive and Luckie Street. Please plan to arrive early to allow time for parking, number pick up and arrival at the start line.
Public Transportation is highly encouraged. There are two MARTA train stops to choose from:
- MARTA stop W1: Dome/GWCC/Philips Arena/CNN Center
- MARTA stop N1: Peachtree Center.
It is approximately a 10 minute walk from either station
Overall awards for Atlanta's Finest 5K are based on gun time and overall winners are not eligible for age group awards. Age grade and group awards are based on net time.
- Overall Male and Female Awards?
- Overall Male and Female APD Officer Awards
- Age Grade Male and Female Awards
- Age Group Awards for the top three men and women in each age group (10 & under, 11 - 14, 15-19, five-year increments up to 90+).
About Atlanta's Finest 5K
In partnership with the Atlanta Tack Club, Atlanta’s Finest 5K is one of the Atlanta Police Foundation’s signature fundraising events to raise money for Crime Stoppers Greater Atlanta. Through an anonymous tip system, Crime Stoppers Greater Atlanta is a force multiplier that assists law enforcement to reduce the time it takes to investigate cases and put criminals behind bars. To date, Crime Stoppers tips have led to more than 1,500 arrests in the Atlanta metro area. Consider making a donation to Crime Stoppers in support of the APD officers running with you! DONATE TO CRIME STOPPERS GREATER ATLANTA.
To learn more, visit atlantapolicefoundation.org or call (404)586-0180
Follow us @AtlPoliceFdn
Atlanta's Finest 5K is the ninth event in the 2018 Atlanta Track Club Grand Prix Series presented by Piedmont Healthcare. For more information on the 2018 Grand Prix Series, please click here. Please note: Your age on December 31, 2018 is used as your base age for Grand Prix scoring. For example, if you are currently 34 years old but will be turning 35 in November, your age will appear as 35 in the standing throughout the Grand Prix season.
Youth Running Series
Atlanta Track Club's Kilometer Kids is a free, game oriented running program designed to get kids ages 14 and under active! The Kilometer Kids mission is to promote a healthy and active lifestyle to area youth through a running-based program, empowering children with the knowledge they need to make smart lifestyle choices.
As Kilometer Kids celebrates 10 years, Atlanta Track Club is introducing the Kilometer Kids Youth Running Series which provides children ages 14 and under with 20 events to keep kids moving all year long – 19 of which are free. Resolution Run is the kickoff of this series and includes both a one mile and 50m dash event. See upcoming events and learn more here!
Volunteer with us
Interested in giving back to the sport of running? Come volunteer with us! To learn more, please email [email protected].
If you have additional questions regarding the event, please email [email protected].
Become a Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on all events (except AJC Peachtree Road Race). Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!