Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
In addition to promoting an active and healthy lifestyle, Atlanta Track Club is dedicated to supporting the Atlanta community through several outreach efforts. From Kilometer Kids and the Atlanta Track Club Foundation to providing donations to local charities through the Adopt a Mile program, Atlanta Track Club is committed to giving back to the Atlanta community that has supported its programs, events and mission over the years. Learn more about Atlanta Track Club and how you can join us in our efforts to inspire runners and walkers to "keep moving forward.”
Atlanta Track Club Foundation
The Atlanta Track Club Foundation, Inc., was founded in the late 1980's with a mission to promote track and field, distance running, and allied events in the State of Georgia. Youth running organizations can apply for grants to help further this mission. Grant requests are accepted on a rolling timeline and requests are evaluated on a quarterly basis. For more information regarding the foundation or to receive a grant application email, email@example.com.
Each year at the All-Metro Track and Field Awards Banquet in the spring, Atlanta Track Club Foundation grants college scholarships to a female and male Metro Atlanta High School Senior who excelled in running during their high school career. Nominations can only be made by high school coaches.
- Patty Foell Scholarship -The Atlanta Track Club Foundation will be granting a $2,500 college scholarship to a graduating Female Metro Atlanta High School Senior. The scholarship is in memory of Patty Foell.
- Hawthorne Wesley Scholarship -Started in honor of the Atlanta Track Club’s 50th Anniversary, we will be granting a $2,500 college scholarship to a graduating Male Metro Atlanta High School Senior. The scholarship is named in honor of founding member Hawthorne Wesley, and his dedication to high school running.
Adopt a Mile Program Information
The mission of the program is to generate course support for the Atlanta 10 Miler, while giving back to Atlanta’s nonprofit organizations and neighborhood associations who are working on race day and throughout the year to promote health and fitness in the community. It’s a celebration of community, a support system for the participants, and a fundraising platform for Atlanta’s nonprofits.
Any Atlanta based non-profit organization who shares a mission of creating an active and healthy Atlanta through running and walking with an emphasis on programs for youth is encouraged to apply. Atlanta Track Club recognizes selected organizations participation via race marketing and potential donations.
Youth Running Initiative
Atlanta Track Club's Kilometer Kids is a free, incentive-based running program designed to get kids (ages 7 to 14) in the community active! The mission of Kilometer Kids is to promote a healthy and active lifestyle to area youth through a running-based program, empowering children with the knowledge they need to make smart lifestyle choices.
The program launched in 2007 with one location serving 38 kids. Today, Kilometer Kids impacts more than 8,000 kids, at various schools, Boys and Girls Club's and YMCAs in communities throughout the Atlanta region and beyond. The program is funded by Atlanta Track Club, private donations, grants and sponsors.
High School Running
Atlanta Track Club is proud to support local high school athletes through the following initiatives
- The Atlanta Track Club All-Metro Cross Country Team and Banquet
- The Atlanta Track Club All-Metro Track and Field Team and Banquet
- Supporter of Georgia High School Association (GHSA)
- Sponsor of Team Georgia at Footlocker Cross Country Regional
- College scholarships